I was noticing some mobility issues and outside of doing more stretching and foam roller work I went out and bought a traps bar to do my deadlifts with. I do prefer the traditional straight barbell for deadlifts but the traps bar is great for other purposes. Mainly I am still going heavy despite feeling a little out of wack as it is.
I will probably train with the trap bar for about 3 weeks then go back to the straight bar.
It has been so busy at work that when I come off shift I’m a little shot out. I hate to miss a good DL session so using the traps bar gives me a little edge to get in there.
Just another tool in the tool box.
- Great Deadlift tutorial. (lifehardcore.wordpress.com)
- Deadlift Alternative – Trap-Bar Deadlifts (benefitsofdeadlifts.com)
- The Deadlift… (sfletche1412.wordpress.com)
- Breaking Down a Deadlift (andrus17.wordpress.com)
- How to stretch and warm up for Deadlifts and Squats (lifehardcore.wordpress.com)