I’ve been home gym training since late this summer and It’s been great. In some ways I do miss going to the gym but those reasons do not outweigh the reasons I have to continue crushing it down in my basement. The absence of any social contact is definitely noticed and sometime I feel like a recluse especially when I end up staying home all day. At least going to the gym can get you out of the house on a slow day.
But, another thing I have to consider is that …….Baby, It’s Cold Outside. Once it starts warming up I will definitely be getting out a whole lot more. With this in mind and spring drawing ever closer I figured I would get a little list written down with some of my outdoor fitness plans I would like to put together.
I’m bringing hardcore fitness up from the basement and out into the fresh air and I can’t wait. My goal is to utilize my outdoor space to add another layer to my home fitness regime. I have a few items I have to purchase , a few things I have to make or build and a couple of things I need to acquire to bring it all together.
Tractor tire for flipping.
Another olympic bar
Rubber bumper plates
Build a chin up bar
Make a Sand bag
This is a plenty good list to get together in about 8 or 9 weeks so I gotta get crackin and get to work.
I need to call around to junk yards for the tire. I will build a prowler and the chin up station and make my own sand bag (maybe about 50 lbs to start).
I already have an olympic bar but I want to check craigslist for a used one and leave one in the basement and the other in the garage .
- Gym Rats and Scaredy-Cats (rafflespress.com)
- Fat loss and and gym anxiety. WTF? (hardbodycoach.wordpress.com)
- My Best Friend (mikem196732.wordpress.com)
- Get Sweaty: Five Ways to Workout Without Setting Foot in the Gym (dirtbagdarling.com)
- 11 Tips For Conquering Your Gym Anxiety (huffingtonpost.com)
- Gym motivation grows in popularity (catofit.wordpress.com)
- Back-to-School Reset Part 3: Instant Activity Anywhere Anyhow (ironfootprintfitness.wordpress.com)