Sample Glute-Building Workout for more Mass!
Exercises like deep squats, deadlifts, dumbbell/barbell RDLs, anterior leaning lunges, leaning rear-foot elevated split squats, etc., maximally hit the glutes from a lengthened position. On the other hand, exercise like hip thrusts, hip bridges, super-dogs, cable RDLs, back extension and reverse hypers, etc., hit the glutes when they’re in a shortened (contracted) position.
The most effective glute mass building workouts incorporate BOTH types of exercises. Here’s how we put a lower-body workout together for someone focusing on adding more mass to their ass, without losing hard-earned muscle in their legs.
Note: It’s advised to train glutes twice per week to increase volume to that area in order to stimulate faster muscle growth!
Day 1 – Quads/Glutes/Calfs
1. Barbell Squats or Leg Press (4-5 sets x 6-10 reps)
2. Leg Extensions (3-4 sets x 8-12 reps)
3. One Leg Rear Foot Elevated Anterior Lean Squats (3 sets x 8-12 reps per leg)
4a. Two Leg Barbell Hip Thrusts or Hip Bridges (3 sets of x 10-15 reps)
4b. Seated or Standing Calf Raises (3 sets of x 10-15 reps)
5. Super-Dogs (1x 50 reps per side)
Day 2 – Glutes/Hamstrings/Calfs
1. Anterior Lunges with Dumbbells (3 sets x 8-10 reps per leg)
2. Good Mornings (3-4 sets x 8-12 reps)
3. Glute Triple Threat Protocol (2 sets x 8-10 reps of each RDL version)
4a. One Leg Double bench Hip Thrust (3 sets x 8-15 reps per leg)
4b. Seated or Standing Calf Raises (3 sets x 10-15 reps)
5. Seated or Lying Hamstring Curls (3 sets x 12-15 reps)
- Fitness Model Tovi Castro (lifehardcore.wordpress.com)
- Get That Booty! (balancewithnatasha.wordpress.com)
- Leg/glute Day 1: (irisaveryfitness.wordpress.com)
- Glutes: The Most Underrated Muscle? (lstern34.wordpress.com)
- Grow!!! (michelledalvez.wordpress.com)