I do not do HIIT training although I may give it a whirl one of these days. But that doesn’t mean I can’t read up on it. I like to read about diet and fitness and all the science behind it . So here is some info I found about HIIT that I would like to share with you.
Fact : HIT (High-Intensity Training) can help you lose fat. HIIT programs favor the use of the anaerobic energy system, burning a lot calories fast, raising metabolism during the recovery period, and building muscle.
HIIT training has also been found to convey the following benefits: better brain function, depression prevention, better pain management, improved circulation and lung function, lower blood pressure and resting heart rate, and decreased chronic inflammation.
Not Fact : Aerobic training can help you lose weight and everyone should do it regularly.
If you enjoy aerobic training, please don’t let this deter you. The point is that if you are doing it to lose fat or improve health, it’s not your best choice.
According to scientist Stephen Boutcher, “The effect of regular aerobic exercise on body fat is negligible.” Boutcher looks at the short- to moderate-term uselessness of aerobic exercise for fat loss, whereas longer surveys show it can actually lead to weight gain.
A 2006 study that tracked runners for 9 years showed that most of them gained fat and increased waist circumference. Only those who tripled their weekly mileage from 16 km/week to 64 km/week lost weight.
- About Hiit (hiitandhealthy.com)
- High Intensity Interval Training. (sports-diet-pain.com)
- Aerobic Vs Anaerobic Training (felipepolanco.wordpress.com)
- Cardio vs HITT vs Weight Training… Which one is best? (zsushchik.wordpress.com)
- No Gym? No Problem! Fat Burning, Muscle Toning – Body Tightening Workout for the Ladies (soyouwannagetjacked.wordpress.com)
- HIIT Training (extremestrength.wordpress.com)
- Hiit (movementforimprovementblog.wordpress.com)
- Aerobic vs. Anaerobic Training (allinfitnessnj.wordpress.com)
- HIIT Training (motiv8tionalfitness.wordpress.com)